Monday, October 9, 2017

Sit for a spell...

Good morning!

I wanted to make a card for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie Saturday challenge using "fall colors". I know I have plenty of KK Halloween cuties still waiting to make it on a card but when I started to flip through my binder of KK stamps it wasn't a Halloween image that caught my eye. Instead I saw this Purrr-fect Princess all cozied up with her kitty and I was inspired to make them work for a fun Halloween card. Everything was going well, I was nearly done coloring them in dark fall colors when my E89 decided to misbehave and bloop out a big splotch of ink on the right side of the chair back. I was so frustrated and thought for sure I would have to abandon my original plan and fussy cut her out instead. Then my sister had a genius idea that I turn the splotch into the mouth of a ghost creepin' up behind her. Now I can't imagine the scene without him, LOL! 

Alrighty, off to work I go... talk at'cha later!  :)   
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye
stamps- Kraftin' Kimmie (Purrr-fect Princess and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Versafine onyx black
My Favorite Things stitched rectangle die
My Mind's Eye enamel dots
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- RV63, V05, RV66, RV69, RV99
eyes- E23, E27, BG000, 0
blanket/shirt/jewelry- Y35, YR04, YR68, E09, 100, YG25, G99, FYG2, V09
cat- T4, T6, T10, 100, R02
ghost- FYG1, G00, W10
floor/wall/shadow- E44, E47, E49, W10, W8, W7, 110
chair- BV04, BV08, BV29, 0, 100, C7, E84, E87, E89

6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Wow! What a great fix! Your card is fabulous, Jo x

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this is SUPER SPOOKTACULAR!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE all the bats you drew to make her blankie sooo darn cute and Halloweenie!!!! That Ghost is very Awesome too!!! Card Saved!!!!! and another one to frame up too!!!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke <3

Unknown said...

Fab card, love her blanket and her hair is gorgeous :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Therese said...

Soooooo coool!!!!!

Danielle Vincent said...

This is just absolutely fantastic. There isn't one thing that I don't LOVE about it! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Kraftin' Kimmie Challenges!

Tracey Ann said...

Now that turned out to be one incredibly awesome mistake! There’s so much to take in with this scene... love the details, her background, and fab colors! You really rocked this, Amy!